Thursday, January 8, 2009

New info about past miscarriages

I thought this was an interesting article. I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy and it was absolutely devastating. My next pregnancy was with my daughter and I has several complications. I had a low-lying placenta that caused bleeding at 27 weeks and the bleeding caused contractions. Then at almost 35 weeks I had pre-term labor and had to be on brethine for 1 1/2 weeks. I also had a post-partum hemorrhage because the placenta took a very long time to deliver. After reading this I wonder if there was a connection. My third pregnancy with my son was smooth other than the fact that I had a low-lying placenta again that we had to keep an eye on until it moved. Other than that no bleeding, pre-term labor or hemorrhage.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_73499.html

No comments: