Friday, December 12, 2008

Baby Born from Full Ovary Transplant

I am not sure that I really have alot to say about this one. I think this is fantastic that the mom was able to have a baby. Sure her sister could have been a surrogate but I think that she got to experience pregnancy is wonderful. I also think it's great that it may be able to be used for cancer patients is great. After all if a man is diagnosed with cancer they can bank sperm for later use before they receive treatments. That's how Lance Armstrong got to be a dad. It's great that women with cancer when they are young may have an option. I am not so sure that I agree with taking an ovary out at a young age to be used when a woman is in her 40's or 50's. I think maybe that is a little like playing god but that's just my opinion.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28164129/

No comments: