Friday, December 12, 2008

Pregnancy Cravings

Ok I didn't have incredibly strange cravings. I didn't crave pickles and ice cream (well yeah ice cream but I crave that even when I am not pregnant :). With my first I crave caramel cremes through most of the first and second trimesters after that they caused too much heartburn for me to tolerate them. I also craved grilled cheese sandwiches. My husband tells our daughter that she is partially constructed of grilled cheese sandwiches. With her I didn't want anything that had tomato sauce in it. We eat pizza at our house at least once a week and at one point he looked at me and said "We haven't had pizza in months what's up with that?" The thought of tomato sauce made me have heartburn without even eating it. With my son I crave tomato sauce. Couldn't get enough of it. I also crave three musketeers bars. I sent my husband out one night at 8 pm for a three musketeers. I think that was the only time in both pregnancies that I sent him out for something so he and I agree that he got off pretty easily. Now when I was in labor with my son I wanted a fresh fruit salad. The midwives wanted me to eat and that was what I wanted. God bless my dad he tried like heck to get me one but didn't really have any luck but god love him he tried to get his baby what she wanted. What did you crave? Did you send your partner out at odd times to get it for you? Here's a link to an article about cravings.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/ent-life/you_ate_what__women_talk_pregnancy_cravings_12-10-2008.html

No comments: